Does this sound like you?
- You’ve been dieting since you were a teenager.
- You’ve lost and regained the same weight over and over again.
- You feel like all you do is think about food, eat food, track calories/macros/points/syns and then worry about food.
- You exercise because you feel like you ‘should’.
- You choose workouts based on how many calories they burn.
- You delay things in your life for when you reach a certain goal weight – relationships, career changes, even happiness!
- You’ve said the words “I’ll be happy once I reach [X]lbs”
- You’re fed up of all of this and want a permanent change.
- You’re beginning to realise that diets do not work.
- You’re beginning to realise that there must be something more to life than worrying about weight, food and calories. [You’re right – there is! So much more in fact and you’re missing it!]
All of this is taking a huge toll on you psychologically,
as well as physically.
Research shows that yo-yo dieting and weight cycling damages your metabolism, causes weight re-gain and increases your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, chronic inflammation and loss of muscle. I bet these were all things you were trying to prevent in the first place, by dieting to lose weight, right?
Psychologically speaking, by dieting you’re much more likely to struggle with disordered eating, such as restriction, binging and even purging (which includes over exercising with the intention of burning off excess calories).
Let’s also talk about the financial cost of dieting. You probably pay gym membership to encourage you to exercise. You may even pay slimming club fees to keep you accountable to your diet. You buy health magazines, vitamins, healthy snacks and new workout clothes.
There's still a part of you that clings to the idea of finding 'the right diet' the one that will work this time. But deep down you know that the next diet will fail too.
You just don't know how to escape the dieting cycle.
The key to escaping the dieting cycle is the right mindset. The health mindset instead of the dieting mindset.
Without the right mindset, you are just wasting money, time and energy on all that other stuff, while you're still not improving your health or how you feel about your body, and may in fact be causing more damage to your well-being.
I can help you develop the health mindset.
The Health Mindset Programme, bought to you by Beyond The Bathroom Scale ®, is the new online platform for busy women who want to heal their relationship with food, exercise and their bodies.
Here’s what will happen when you join the programme:
- You will get angry at an industry that profits from making you feel bad. Together we will tackle diet culture. We’ll learn what it is and how to recognise it, tune out from it and how to finally break out of the dieting cycle.
- You’ll tune out the harsh voice in your own head that tells you your lazy, not good enough or not disciplined enough, and you’ll replace that b**** with a compassionate, friendly voice. The real you.
- You’ll learn how to listen to your body’s cues for what it really wants, and you’ll know exactly how to give it what it wants. This is the antidote to dieting!
- You’ll learn to love food again and feel at ease with not tracking every little detail about what you eat.
- You’ll remember what it’s like to move your body for the sake of enjoyment instead of obligation – like when you were a child and ran around jumping in puddles and dancing in your bedroom.
- We’ll tackle common issues such as poor body image, emotional eating and self- compassion.
- You’ll learn about a whole new world away from dieting, including the social movements that are fiercely fighting back against diet culture, and promote body confidence and healthy habits without a focus on weight loss.
Within the programme you’ll find workshops, courses, and resources to help you tackle the dieting mindset, emotional eating, body confidence, motivation and more.
With this monthly membership pass, you'll have access to all the content within the Health Mindset Programme and access to new content added every month.