Does this sound like you?
- You’ve been dieting since you were a teenager.
- You’ve lost and regained the same weight over and over again.
- You feel like all you do is think about food, eat food, track calories/macros/points/syns and then worry about food.
- You exercise because you feel like you ‘should’.
- You choose workouts based on how many calories they burn.
- You delay things in your life for when you reach a certain goal weight – relationships, career changes, even happiness!
- You’ve said the words “I’ll be happy once I reach [X]lbs”
- You’re fed up of all of this and want a permanent change.
- You’re beginning to realise that diets do not work.
- You’re beginning to realise that there must be something more to life than worrying about weight, food and calories. [You’re right – there is! So much more in fact and you’re missing it!]
All of this is taking a huge toll on you psychologically,
as well as physically.
Research shows that yo-yo dieting and weight cycling damages your metabolism, causes weight re-gain and increases your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, chronic inflammation and loss of muscle. I bet these were all things you were trying to prevent in the first place, by dieting to lose weight, right?
Psychologically speaking, by dieting you’re much more likely to struggle with disordered eating, such as restriction, binging and even purging (which includes over exercising with the intention of burning off excess calories).
Let’s also talk about the financial cost of dieting. You probably pay gym membership to encourage you to exercise. You may even pay slimming club fees to keep you accountable to your diet. You buy health magazines, vitamins, healthy snacks and new workout clothes.
There's still a part of you that clings to the idea of finding 'the right diet' the one that will work this time. But deep down you know that the next diet will fail too.
You just don't know how to escape the dieting cycle.
The key to escaping the dieting cycle is the right mindset. The health mindset instead of the dieting mindset.
Without the right mindset, you are just wasting money, time and energy on all that other stuff, while you're still not improving your health or how you feel about your body, and may in fact be causing more damage to your well-being.
I can help you develop the health mindset.
The Health Mindset Programme, bought to you by Beyond The Bathroom Scale ®, is the new online platform for busy women who want to heal their relationship with food, exercise and their bodies.
Here’s what will happen when you join the programme:
- You will get angry at an industry that profits from making you feel bad. Together we will tackle diet culture. We’ll learn what it is and how to recognise it, tune out from it and how to finally break out of the dieting cycle.
- You’ll tune out the harsh voice in your own head that tells you your lazy, not good enough or not disciplined enough, and you’ll replace that b**** with a compassionate, friendly voice. The real you.
- You’ll learn how to listen to your body’s cues for what it really wants, and you’ll know exactly how to give it what it wants. This is the antidote to dieting!
- You’ll learn to love food again and feel at ease with not tracking every little detail about what you eat.
- You’ll remember what it’s like to move your body for the sake of enjoyment instead of obligation – like when you were a child and ran around jumping in puddles and dancing in your bedroom.
- We’ll tackle common issues such as poor body image, emotional eating and self- compassion.
- You’ll learn about a whole new world away from dieting, including the social movements that are fiercely fighting back against diet culture, and promote body confidence and healthy habits without a focus on weight loss.
Within the programme you’ll find workshops, courses, and resources to help you tackle the dieting mindset, emotional eating, body confidence, motivation and more.
With this monthly membership pass, you'll have access to all the content within the Health Mindset Programme and access to new content added every month.
What You'll Get
Once you've logged into the Programme area, you'll have access to a wealth of video tutorials and workshops on a wide range of health roadblocks. We'll be covering motivation, time, dieting mindset, emotional eating and more.
For each workshop there will be downloadable PDF workbooks and guides, packed with actionable advice to help you work through your roadblocks and put in place a plan that will actually work, because it's based on you and your life.
Monthly REviews & Check-ins
This won't be a case of 'join and forget', There will be monthly accountability check-ins to see how much progress you've made with conquering your roadblocks and identify any new issues.
About Karen Oliver
She has a passion for all things health and fitness and launched her award-winning blog back in 2012, having lost a lot of weight and reversing pre-diabetes & hypertension. Thanks to developing a health mindset, she has found a passion for cooking, weight lifting and yoga... and somehow manages to fit all this around parenting, caring for her parents and running a business.
As a former social worker, Karen has been trained in counselling techniques, including a technique called Motivational Interviewing (MI). MI has been a big influence in the development of The Health Mindset Programme.
Is this programme for me?
This programme is for you if:
- You're not motivated by Instagram images of fitness models working out and smoothie bowls.
- You feel like you're constantly rushing around looking after other people and you realise you're letting your own needs slide.
- Unlike the #fitfam type, you have a life outside of the gym. A really bloody busy one.
- You know deep down that you can't crash diet for the rest of your life and you know that there's no quick fixes, but staying motivated is really hard.
- You often self-sabotage but can't figure out why.
- You turn to food for comfort - particularly after a stressful day.
- You set yourself goals with the best on intentions, but never meet them.
- You struggle to remain committed to a healthy eating or exercise plan.
Is this programme a diet & fitness plan?
No, this programme is focusing entirely on improving your mindset, so that you feel able to follow (and stick to!) a fitness and healthy eating plan. However, I do collaborate with personal trainers, nutritionists and dietitians over on Beyond The Bathroom Scale ®, so you'll find lots of useful fitness and nutrition advice and resources over there. You can also sign up to our 12 Week Transformation System, which includes our free 12 week email course to compliment the 12 Week Health, Fitness & Wellness Planner.
When will The Health Mindset Programme start?
We are launching to waitlist members in October 2017 and then to the general public in January 2018.
What are the perks of being on the waitlist?
Initially doors will only be open to people on the waitlist. Waitlist members will benefit from a significantly reduced subscription price, saving them money in the long run and still benefiting from the high price features when these become available. Once enrolled, your fees will not increase as they are locked in, but for members who join later they will be charged a higher monthly fee.
How long will The Health Mindset Programme last for?
The programme is entirely self-paced. So you may decide to try it out for one month, or you may choose to stay on the Programme for six months, a year or even longer! You can cancel at anytime. When you enroll you will be given a suggested 'roadmap' to guide you through the different bundles as well as monthly accountability check-ins, where we'll choose one particular bundle to focus on for that month. New content is added each month too.
You may find that there are some bundles you want to work on first, while others may be less of a pressing concern for you. You'll be able to pick and choose which ones you take and which in which order you work through them. You'll have access to the materials for as long as you choose to remain a member of the programme.
How much will it cost?
Pricing will be confirmed nearer to the public launch date, January 2018. Early-bird enrollment will be open to wait list members in October 2017. Payment will be taken monthly, as part of a subscription. You'll be able to join and cancel your subscription at any time.